1. He should be a boy. (Not that I'm being heavy-handed about determing heterosexuality here, she can choose what she wants. I just think a BOYfriend should be a boy.)
2. **He must be smart.
3. He must be kind. More than nice, kindness has global ramifications.
4. He must have a good sense of humor.
5. He must treat you well. (With kindness and humor.)
6. It helps if he's cute. Not required. (To this, she said "Daddy's cute." Indeed he is, I replied.)
Did I miss anything? My 5yo seems to have extremely high standards for boyfriends, as she tells me daily that this boy or that (there seem to be about 6 vying for her attention) in her Kindergarten class has told her she's his girlfriend. She says "But I told him I'm NOT his girlfriend."
Today's fragrance: Carthusia Fiori di Capri. Wild carnation, lily of the valley, amber, sandalwood, ylang-ylang, oak. This is an incredibly well-blended fragrance, and based on the notes, I shouldn't love it. Lily of the valley on me tends to be overly assertive yet girly, and carnation can be overwhelming too. I can only assume the "oak" here is oakmoss, but I may be wrong. I have no idea what oakmoss smells like, only that I seem to usually love fragrances that contain it. After falling head over heels for this one and buying a bottle, I realized that it is very reminiscent of a longtime love of mine - Ysatis de Givenchy. Whatever the reason, Fiori di Capri is the perfect choice for a day like today, when the snow has melted and the sun promises that Spring is on its way.