Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ruth Needs

Stolen from Trina's blog, who stole it from biggerkrissy's blog (and that's as far back as I'm going)...here's the game (no tagging involved, unless you elect to tag yourself): Go go google. Type in "(your name here) needs" and see what pops up. Post the top 10 results. Here's mine. I had to go 12...

1. "Ruth needs a hug" Don't we all though?

2. "Quite frankly, Ruth needs a man. Or a woman!" Ummmm...

3. "Perhaps it was a reminder that God's power is what Ruth needs to heed, not man's shallow disdain, as Mr. Benson taught her." Right. Mr. Benson. How could I have forgotten?

4. "Ruth needs to be cleaned desperately" Not true, I was cleaned just this morning.

5. "Ruth needs a team of committed people to pray for her and her ministry" Amen, sister.

6. "Ruth needs help knowing what to do when Naomi decides to return to Israel" I do! It's such a difficult decision.

7. "Ruth needs to make a dentist’s appointment as soon as possible" OK, OK.

8. "Ruth needs to photograph things or use her own "clip art" collection" No, I much prefer stealing things off the web.

9. "Ruth needs a short course in label-reading" I'm very good at label-reading!

10. "Ruth needs only 160 one thousandths of a second" For...?

11. "Ruth needs to go on her home oxygen supply" There are times, for sure.

12. "Ruth needs more of a part than what she was given" My part is big enough, thank you.

Today's fragrance: My longtime love, Ysatis by Givenchy. I was given a tiny parfum bottle of this when it was released in the UK in 1985 and I fell instantly in love with it. I wore it almost exclusively until about 2 years ago and now my fragrance collection is...well...*ahem* large. I was actually afraid that my taste might change and I would no longer love Ysatis, but I ran across the shower gel and lotion last night and decided today would be an Ysatis day. It still quickens my pulse. I was married in this scent, and wore it every day and for major events for ages. I'm glad to know that 20 years after first encountering this one, I love it just as much. Glorious tuberose chypre, perfect for any occasion. If I had to choose one fragrance to wear for the rest of my life (banish the thought) I'd probably go right back to this one, as it has withstood the test of time. I'll never be tired of it.

Per Jan Moran, the notes:
Top Notes: Mandarin, bergamot, ylang-ylang, galbanum, orange blossom, coconut, rosewood, greens, aldehydes
Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, polianthes, iris, tuberose, ylang-ylang, carnation, narcissus
Base Notes: Bay rum, vetiver, patchouli, oakmoss, sandalwood, clove, vanilla, amber, musk, honey, civet, castoreum

2 Comments:

Blogger Trina said...

(((Ruthie))) There's your hug! Now stop listening to that nasty Mr. Benson.

3:11 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger katiedid said...

God, these lists are killing me. I have to glom off this idea sooner or later. Funny, funny list R.

4:52 PM, October 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home